The Oil and Gas sector stands among the six core industries in India and has influential impact over the decision making for all the other important sections of the economy. Growing economy and population growth are the concurrent drivers for oil & gas demand, increasing every year. Corollary to this, the Government of India has adopted several policies to meet the increasing demand. The government has allowed 100 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in many segments of the sector, including natural gas, petroleum products, and refineries, among others. According to data released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), the petroleum and natural gas sector attracted FDI worth US$ 6.67 billion between period April 2000 and March 2016. With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream and downstream.
We through our expertise and dedicated team, assist our clients with various services in this area given below:
• Development, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, privatizations, finance, tax, environmental or litigation work related to oil and gas transactions.
• Consulting foreign oil companies on establishing wholly owned subsidiary in India.
• Drafting of various agreements including negotiating exploration and Production Sharing Agreements, Gas Transmission Agreements, Farm-in Agreements, LNG Supply Agreement, Pipeline Transportation Contracts, etc.
• Drafting of Contracts which includes contract for Purchase and Leasing of drilling equipment’s.
• Consulting clients in matters related to transfer and termination of agreements.
• Conducting and Participating in negotiating, and financing.