The development of environmental concerns, the rate of industrialisation and consolidation of farms and agricultural businesses, the reorientation and scale of farm programs – these are the key developments shaping agricultural law and rural practice. Other trends such as the continuing decline in farm numbers, the increased scale of many remaining operations and the emergence of new communities of farmers and rural landowners have influenced agricultural law and rural practice. The future of agricultural law and rural practice – and there will definitely be such a future – one challenge is to think strategically about the trends and innovations that will shape the opportunities to the clients and communities we serve.
Experience and highly qualified lawyers of Astrea provides comprehensive corporate legal services like export of agricultural goods, setting up of small agricultural industries and understand the legalities of food marketing and to crate brand value.
We represent clients in matters involving:
• Incorporation and formation of agribusiness entities, farm and dairy cooperatives
• Drafting of contracts, security agreements, documentations, foreclosures
• Labour, Employment and worker safety issues, such as farm equipment injuries, OSHA and wage & hour compliance
• Consultation and advise on dairy and produce safety under Food Security Act of 1985, and the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act.
• Real estate development, including the development of rural land into subdivisions
• Food supply, retail stores supple and licences
• Agricultural financial and environmental regulation
• Taxation issues